One of the stupidest cyclists I have seen video of.

Tries to ride across tram tracks, in the wet, at a slight angle while on a bend! Anyone that stupid should not be on the streets without a carer.

The Highway Code (optional for cyclists, apparently) even has a rule on the exact subject (306)

Of course the whole thing may have been staged for the stationary compo cam that just 'happened' to be there.

Mrcheerful

I would substitute "inexperienced" for stupid. Clearly if you're been brought up with tram lines they don't present much of a problem but youngsters today are unlikely to have come across them.

They'll learn...

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I would substitute "inexperienced" for stupid. Clearly if you're been brought up with tram lines they don't present much of a problem but youngsters today are unlikely to have come across them.

They'll learn...

Tim

That reminds me of the time I tried to jump off a still moving train whilst facing the opposite direction of travel, because I had just passed an exit. Needless to say I went arse over tit backwards.

I learnt.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

The early tram tracks, mid-20th century, were lethal both for cyclists and motorists. The new Metro tram lines in Manchester have caused accidents to cyclists, and even with modern wide tyres the slight pull can be felt when driving along shared roads. The tracks that have to be crossed at an angle, even on a straight road.

One female driver took a wrong turn and her car became stuck on a tram line, much to the amusement of tram passengers who were held up until a recovery vehicle removed the car.

Reply to
Gordon H

It definily looks like a stunt. It looks like he is turning the front wheel back into the track, then obviously the rear wheel will follow. I grow up and cycled in Aarhus when they had tramways.

Reply to
johannes

What kind of Aarhusole does that?

Reply to
The Revd

An "Aarhusole" such as you! Never been to Denmark then?

Bloody hell, I thought I had you so deep in the kill-file shit that I'd never see your posts again - have you somehow reincarnated as a poltergeist and come back to haunt the group?

Back into a deeper bin for you!

Reply to
Woodworm

LOL. I knew Aarhus had an image problem in the past, but never thought of that. It's actually very nice there now.

johannes

Until it becomes like Malmö.

Reply to
The Revd

And the cry went up; "Com-Pen!" Actually, tramlines are a bastard, even on a motorcycle when it's a bit wet and grungy in the morning or dark evening. If there's a sensible solution, like the mentioned rubber bungs, that should be addressed. Otoh, I laughed like a drain one time when I was waiting for a bus in Princes St, Embra; the bus stopped, people were just about to alight, when a f****it on a racing bike came belting up the inside, braked sharply when he realised what he'd got himself into, lost the front wheel as it tucked under him and he planted himself arse first onto the road. I nearly pissed myself.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon