I want to write to the dealer ...

... and have a good old moan at them about the treatment we got over our heater fan, which appeared to have stopped working.

They put the car on diagnostics, and decided (from that) that a resistor had blown. So they replaced the resistor - twice - and it still didn't fix the problem. They then decided it must be the fan motor that had gone, so they got us to book it in for that job (which involves taking the whole dashboard out).

Meanwhile, we took it to an independent dealer, who suspected the fan may be stuck, and managed to free it by reaching into the fan trumpet with his hand.

The dealer, though, has charged us £££ for the time spent looking at the fan problem. Do we have any claim to our money back?

TIA

Jo

Reply to
Jo Ling

Don't know. However, it is a cinch that you will never get your money back unless you protest to the dealer and the importer. Posting here accomplishes nothing to speak of. Jim

Reply to
Jim

You should not have paid the dealer in the first place - I have NEVER paid a dealer before the job was done to my satisfaction.

Although I fear that you won't see your money again, it won't hurt to have a word with the dealer in question. On rare occasions and with good dealers, it helps to mention that you're going to take your business elsewhere if you're not treated with respect.

Princess Morgiah

Reply to
Princess Morgiah

Which dealer? I had mine booked in, they did some jobs but not others and it came back with a dent. A guy came out to look at it confirmed it was a dent and booked it into the bodyshop. Came back with a crappy job so the guy came out again confirmed it was a crappy job and booked it into the bodyshop. A week later it came back with only a half of the job done, so now I have to call the guy to come out and look at it again. Also came back with a flat tyre and a flat battery.

Reply to
adder1969