knocking sound of topets

I have a 89 BMW 750il and the topets are starting to sound, to repair this do I have to do a top overhaul or just by the rockers? What could be the other problems, I've read that they are self adjusting.

Reply to
mrtz

Yes, they are self adjusting, but after all these years they probably need a thorough cleaning (at least). The only way to find out what else might be wrong is to open the engine up and look. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Try checking the oil.

Reply to