M5 versus Shelby GT500

Bit OT but out of interest what sort of MPG are you getting? Having just sold my M3 I'm thinking of an M5 but keep hearing horror stories of 8-9mpg which in the UK at £1 per litre is scary! Especially with a small tank.

Reply to
TonyK

I average around 14-15 mpg (US gal). Drive it hard and it will drop to 12. Drive it crazy and it drops to about 10 mpg. Easy highway driving yields about 17. The tank *is* small however (I forget how many gallons) but it seems like a full tank is good for about 220 miles or so, maybe a bit more.

Eisboch

Reply to
Eisboch

No grasshopper, you are wrong. Yes grasshopper, you are undoubtably ignorant about many things, this just being one of them. Poor grasshopper, enlightenment can't come to a troll.

Reply to
admin

Here's a goodie for you M5 fans from the current Roundel...

A current 3-series (might even be with a 5-Series) diesel will out accelerate an M5 in the 50-70 mph range because of the superior torque of the diesel.

I think that is way cool and wish BMW sold their diesels in the U.S.

Reply to
Geo