Ford Running on Empty, hardly

Todays Mustang GT has the 4.6V8 is a better engine than the 302, 300 HP and

345 FP of torque. The limited production Cobra has the engine from the Ford GT with a supercharger and 500 HP and 445 FP of torque from what I've heard. The MSRP for the coupe is 40K, 45K for the convertible but dealers are getting 5K to 10K over MSRP. Every Ford dealer gets one, Presidents Award dealers get two.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And Ford still lost money last quarter. I don't think I'll be looking at Ford for my next truck, unless the new diesel is better than the current one and they move the fuel filter back to a sensible location.

Reply to
Chris Hill

It has specifically not been called a "Cobra" by Ford, it is titled the Shelby GT500. It does not use the GT engine. It is a cast iron 5.4 block (the GT uses an aluminum block) with aluminum heads from the GT.

Reply to
My Names Nobody

2007 FORD SHELBY GT500 OFFICIALLY RATED AT 500 HORSEPOWER

Horsepower

500 hp @ 6,000 rpm (SAE Certified)

Torque

480 lb.-ft. @ 4,500 rpm (SAE Certified)