Memory Options

Does anyone know how to change memory options on the E46 BMW (330ci---2002yr) I don't like going to BMW service every time I want to change one of the options.Is there a way to bypass something or can I use a laptop and what kind of program will I need. There got to be a way to do this yourself. Thanks if you can help.

Reply to
MyPC

Er... self-install i-Drive?? =|

Other than that, you'd probably need to buy the tool they use to interface to the engine management where the 'car memory' settings are stored (unless DRL is a 'key memory setting' - which it isn't IIRC).

Just take it to the service center - they probably won't even charge you for it.

Reply to
Class-1

You're still under 4yr/50000mi maintenance so it should be a freebie. Not sure what exactly what the dealers do, but I suspect it's through OBD2 port. That still doesn't solve your problem, so I guess you'll have to determine what memory options you want and which you don't.

Reply to
John Carrier

I have a document that will show you all of the programmable features on these 1999 and newer models:

E38?s, E39?s, E46?s, E52?s (Z8), and E53?s (X5)

Send me an e-mail address and I'll send you the PDF. Interesting reading.....never knew so much stuff could be turned off and on.

Tom

Reply to
Tom