Day running lites off or on?

I have a E46 2002, 330ci and the daytime lamps are programmed off, is there something I can do to turn them on without going to a BMW service center to have this done? IS there a way to put in a switch in the car so I can turn them on or off when I like? Is there anything on the net to show how to do this? Why should I have to go to a service center,it's on or off with them. I like to be able to turn my day lights on of off myself. Does any one feel the same way about there BMW as I do? Thanks if we can help each other

Reply to
MyPC

The only way to enable/disable them is through programming at the dealer or a good independent shop that has the software and interface. I agree it would be nice to have the option to turn them off and on and I'm sure that it's possible.

I don't like them except under low contrast conditions. I use the fog lights for user selectable DTRL (I'll probably get criticism for that).

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

you have a switch......it's that first click on your headlight switch......turns on your driving lights. Since your DRL's are set to the OFF position, use your headlight switch. Only difference between this option and DRL's is that this option will also turn your tail lights.

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
MyPC

Then turn the lights on or off, and leave the DRLs out of it. There is no point in turning DRLs off, and if you want them off, you're in good shape because they're already off. Use the headlamp switch to turn the lights on, and move on with life.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Oh good grief... next time you take your car to the shop for something, also ask them to change the car memory setting for DRLs. That way, they might not even charge you for it. Until then, forget about it.

Reply to
Class-1

be glad you have them, it may save your life when the truck sees you instead of running through you because you had your DRLs turned off. Ask me, I have been there...

SharkmanBMW