Negotiating with a dealer

"GRL" wrote in news:ywxEe.3109$ snipped-for-privacy@fe07.lga:

Yeah, for too long actually.

I loved the design of my '91 Honda Prelude, but eventually it got to look dated.

I love my '04 E46 coupe, I think it's one of the most beautiful cars ever built. But when I look at the E90, I can see that it has elements that are subtly more current IMHO (or maybe are setting the trend), and the E46 begins to look a little less current.

When the E46 was introduced, it was deemed ahead of its time, yet eventually most people accepted it. I wouldn't be surprised to see general tastes switching from the E46 to the E90 in the same way.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Oberle

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in news:lbqdnSZQzJqQKn_fRVn- snipped-for-privacy@ez2.net:

I agree. I'm 6'0" and long in the torso to boot. My ability to sit up comfortably in the E46 was one of the justifications I was able to sell on my better half for affording the car.

I'd have preferred it without a sunroof, as the sunroof in the 3 Series is worthless to have open: depending on the open position, I find there's either too much wind noise, or air annoyingly blows straight down on one's head. My car came off the lot, so I took what I got.

The only other manual transmission coupe (another two of my criteria) in which I could sit comfortably at the time was a Toyota Solara, but I just couldn't get behind its appearance.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Oberle