no clutch pedal

Please help,

Yesterday my clutch pedal stopped working. I am told it is because it is hydralic and that it may have run dry of fluid.

I have looked for a resevoir but could not find one. Is there one?

Please help with some tips as to where it may be or any other info that I may be able to use.

Thanks Michael

PS: 1990 535i with 5speed manual

Thanks

Michael

Reply to
MichaelETP

"MichaelETP" wrote

More likely that the slave cylinder on the bell housing needs replacement or refurbishing and then bleeding.

It uses the brake fluid reservoir - simply another little hose off the bottom leading to the master cylinder. Since your brakes haven't failed, it's unlikely you're out of fluid.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

That's because the take off for the clutch is [intentionally] above the one for the brakes. This means that if you are running low on fluid the clutch stops working before the brakes fail.

Check for leaks, check and top up the brake fluid, oh yes and get the car serviced!

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton