noisy clutch pedal

Hey guys,

when it rains it pours....got DW a couple times in the past week, and have notice this week that my clutch pedal squeeks. Almost sounds like something is "dry" and needs greasing. I can still shift fine....just when I apply the clutch it'll sometimes go smooth and other times it'll feel a bit stiff in spots and if it's quiet enough you can hear it squeek outside the vehicle (even driving at side road speeds).

Anyhow, been underneath and under the hood and there's no obvious signs of leaks or anything. I looked in, what i think is the clutch reservoir (cap says to fill with DOT3 brake fluid lol...not sure if I was looking in the right spot lol...this reservoir was the small one beside the big one )....anyhow, there's fluid in there....and the little rubber suction cone thing is in there too.

Any ideas? Thanks

BTW: it's a 2002 Jeep TJ 6cyl/5spd

Reply to
Steve

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

My clutch pedal has been squeeking for about 10 years now.. Ever since I bought my Jeep.. Like Bill said.. I wouldn't worry about it..

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

Can you fill stiffness in the pedal from time to time as well?

Sounds almost like a bicycle's handbrake cable when not lubed or something.

Reply to
Steve