PDI on BMW cars

I have been told by a service manager for BMW cars in the USA that the PDI costs are paid for by BMW company. He says the customer should not be charged PDI . Has anyone else ever heard this in Canada

Reply to
Fran

PDI is done by the dealer and he is the one investing the time and resources he is not being paid by BMW canada.

a new 3 series requires 4-6 hours to PDI depending on equipment and as you can imagine a 7 is substantially more.

snipped-for-privacy@canada.com

Reply to
330xi

And what is PDI?

"330xi" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com...

Reply to
Hakvinius

Pedestrian Danger Index

Reply to
Peter Bozz

"Pre Delivery Inspection" . I was told by a Service manager from a USA BMW dealership that the BMW Company Pays the Dealer to do this inspection. This would mean Double dipping in my opinion on the part of the dealer

Reply to
Fran

Well, I would be surprised if the dealer didn't do this!! You even get a PDI when you buy a new vaccum cleaner (a Bimmer is however, with very few exceptions, not a vaccum cleaner)...

"Fran" skrev i meddelandet news:PqtBe.61019$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...

Reply to
Hakvinius

BMW US and BMW Canada are two different companies that spec their cars differently and market their cars differently because their market and way of doing business is adjusted for the specific market.

Reply to
330xi

I thought it may have something to do with the USA and Canada being 2 different companies . I would have hoped BMW in Germany may have had some control . Guess since we only have 1 dealer we are stuck with paying what they ask .

Reply to
Fran