Power seat problem

1997 328 Convertible. Passenger power seat will move back, but not forward. Before I rip it out to go hunting, does anyone have any experience or advice with them? -

Jinks ('86FXRS, '07 FLTR) #64 Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished"

Reply to
Jinks

Most likely the control switches. The meter will tell you for sure.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I had similar problem on Rover 800 - it was an old rag jammed in the gears.

Check it out.

Reply to
hsg

Or a dime.

-dk

Reply to
D K

I can hear it try to operate the motor, but thanks.

Jinks ('86FXRS, '07FLTR) #64 Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished"

Reply to
Jinks

hsg, & DK, Good idea! The car was my wife's. She got the new car, I get the hand-me down. Could be anything up under that seat. Guess I'll just have to go lookin'. Thanks!

Jinks ('86FXRS, '07FLTR) #64 Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished"

Reply to
Jinks

Does it sound like the motor is turning freely or jammed? I bet a nickel that if you pull the seat out you will either see something visibly broken or something visibly jammed in the mechanism. Look at each one of the gear boxes, and while you have them open, clean them all out and put new white grease in.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey