Radar detector power

I am going to hard-wire my radar detector to my 2005 M3. Is there a suitable power and ground inside the rain sensor? If so, which wires would that be?

Thank you, R.C.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

I think you'd have better luck in the area where the sunroof, hand-free microphone, and (not sure on the E46) wireless garage opener wiring is.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

I doubt it. The rain sensors are powered by the wiper arm. My guess is they are dead until they are activated. Try a light or sunroof connection. The Homelink is always live if you have that.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Krueger

Dan,

Good point about the sensor being dead until wipers are on. I'll look at the lights. That will be almost as easy to get to.

Thanks, R.C.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

If you find one that only works when the key is on, post back with the color. I would like to do the same thing.

I thought I had one last week when I first tried it, but I didn't. :-(

Reply to
joe_tide

Check this out, exactly what you need.

RT