JGC Radar detector hardwire / day/night mirror power draw

I am interested in hardwiring my radar detector in my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am thinking about using the power feed from the day/night mirror as suggested in a previous thread

.My radar detector needs 250mA. Does anyone know the output of the AutoDay/Night Mirror (+)? There is a diagram of the wiring at
but I cannot find the poweroutput of the lead. Thanks.

Reply to
blue7echo

I would get a voltmeter and check what kind of amperage the wires are pulling. Not sure if I would pull power from that or not.

Carl

.> My radar detector needs 250mA. Does anyone know the output of the Auto> Day/Night Mirror (+)? There is a diagram of the wiring at>
but I cannot find the power> output of the lead. Thanks.>

Reply to
Carl

I just used some thin speaker wire and ran it around the window, down the pillar, and connected to the cig lighter. What about using the overhead console?

Reply to
DougW

The size or gauge of the wires controls the power available on the line. I would imagine, but don't know for sure that the wiring could take an additional 250 ma. draw.

Just be aware that a hard wire install could make your vehicle illegal to drive in some places in North America....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I am interested in hardwiring my radar detector in my 2004 Jeep Grand

.> My radar detector needs 250mA. Does anyone know the output of the Auto> Day/Night Mirror (+)? There is a diagram of the wiring at>
but I cannot find the power> output of the lead. Thanks.>

Reply to
Mike Romain

.> My radar detector needs 250mA. Does anyone know the output of the Auto> Day/Night Mirror (+)? There is a diagram of the wiring at>
but I cannot find the power> output of the lead. Thanks.>

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

.> My radar detector needs 250mA. Does anyone know the output of the Auto> Day/Night Mirror (+)? There is a diagram of the wiring at>
but I cannot find the power> output of the lead. Thanks.

Reply to
philthy