Re: 1994 E32 740iL total non-problem

Thanks for the story, I enjoyed it.

No worries; I hoped someone might; it was more a public "thank you" for=20 the many hours JB has spent on my pride and joy, and also to John Burns=20 for his confirmation of the E39 alloys problem and solution; within 24=20 hours I'd sourced a fix, and the thing was 100% again [1]

I also enjoy showing people, especially lifelone fans/devoteess of "Big > Three" iron, what old bimmers are capable of also. It's fun to have a > genuine automotive enthusiast experience that is totally out of proportio= n > to the amount of dollars spent to achieve it.

Don't get me wrong; I'd love a little more to spend :)

I drove a late 750i sport about 5 years ago; my ex-boss' car and a=20 perfect balance between gizmos and control. I don't need the extra rear=20 leg room of the iL, but I can't currently afford the later sports model=20 prices. But I've also driven 2 very recent M3s, and I can't help=20 thinking BMW have lost their way a little; it was always a *driver's*=20 car first and everything else second, and to me it gets no better than=20 the 2nd and 3rd generation M5s; big saloons that transport 4 or 5 adults=20 in comfort, while being huge fun when there's only the driver at the=20 wheel.

For anyone lurking and wanting a 5 or 7 series; this is the time. People=20 are freaking over petrol prices, and for anyone not doing huge mileages=20 it's an ideal time to snap up a bargain. Go along armed with info, buy=20 something that needs only a little work, then find someone talented and=20 generous enough to give their time at cost to do it up :)

If I had the space I'd not sell this one; I'd add to the collection, but=20 I'd keep the E32 7 Series as a shining example of how a car can be=20 built; as a lifelong Jag nut, the handling (and durability of the=20 ancillaries) is a revelation. There's just no comparison. Compared to=20 the 4 litre XJ40 Sov I owned before, the beemer is tougher, handles=20

*miles* better, gets similar mpg while delivering 50 bhp more, and=20 doesn't break switchgear every 100 miles. And, thanks to eurocarparts,=20 is actually cheaper to buy bits for! [1] for anyone having problems of this nature in the UK, "Wheels UK" of=20 Nuneaton, Warcs are a friendly, knowledgeable bunch who like beemer=20 owners and will make sure you're sorted out for pennies (=A325)

--=20 Bear BMW 740iL - Stately progress for the mature gentleman

Reply to
Bear