Re: '99 323i Convertible - What is this and what does it do?

I have a 1988 735i and I don't have that yellow arrow thingie laying on my engine. I think if you took it away, the car might not make that noise. It's probably hitting a fan belt or something. Good luck.

Hello: > > For the last 8-10 days when I start my car this part under the hood sounds > like a vacuum cleaner is running. Every so often it will squeal (bearing > going bad maybe?). It only goes on when the car/engine is cold and only > runs for a few minutes. After it stops I can shut off the car and re-start > it without hearing that noise. After the car has been sitting (e.g. all day > at work) and I start it I'll hear it again. > > I've highlighted it with the yellow arrows in the attached pics. What is > this part and what function does it perform? I have no warning/check engine > lights on. > > Thanks for your help, > > Bob > > >
Reply to
Anthony Wilson