Re: E46 M3 oil choices

Do I really need to use synthetic oil? Based on everything I've read, there is

no practical difference between natural and synthetic oils. Like most of us here, I am not made of money and the huge price difference between the two services is a factor for me. Of course, I will use the synth if I really need to but my instinct says I don't. Your thoughts? TIA

You're driving a 50K+ car and you want to use cheap oil ? Why ? Just use synthetic and change it every 7500 miles. I would not risky it on such a high performance engine. Also make sure the bearings have been replaced if it is an 01 or 02 model.

Reply to
RT