Re: Entire traction control system went out this morning...

Whenever you encounter a fault like that, pull over, stop the engine and ignition, then retasrt and all should be ok IF the warning light does NOT reappear. Many times these things are not broken, just "faults" theat get erased after a fresh start.

> Lost the traction control and anti-lock brakes this morning on the way to > work. The lights went off after I parked and restarted the car but I > haven't had a chance to see if it's working or not. > > It's been very cold here lately, single digits, and snowy and wet and > icy... just had a bunch of freezing rain last night. > > Kind of sucked. > > -- > I told you this was going to happen. >
Reply to
George W. Kush

I learned that in a Merc clk430 cab in the rain when the wipers just stopped responding... No panic, pull over and restart - all was well. I love those smart Germans ;)

Reply to
George W. Kush

In IT this is called an engineer's reset...

OK in a car (normally), but don't try this in a Boeing 777!

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Now just imagine if your car was running under Windows Vista...When you just started to pull over to the exit ramp, a soft feminine voice would ask you if you really wanted to exit the highway, everytime.

Reply to
wernergr

No it would have you drive down the exit ramp - the wrong way, but OTOH at only 5mph.

And in the case of the CLK430 above approx 90% of the engine output would be used to run the computer...

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton