E65 DSC failure

Hi,

As I moved off tonight, got a shuddering noise like I had driven over some rough stones, followed by "DSC failure, please drive moderately" warning. Any ideas??

2004 745i 70K

Cheers,

Paul

Reply to
paul mcmillen

I believe DSC is Dynamic Stability Control.

Were you driving on ice or snow? I had a (non bmw) loaner with DSC once and the manual recommended turning off the DSC when getting started in ice or snow.

Reply to
Grizz

This just happened to me on ice/snow about two weeks ago. I turned off the car for 1 day and now the message is gone. I was scared too. :) I hope yours goes away too.

Reply to
Andrew Batke

Cheers for the reply, actually I got it all wrong, the failure I got was ' Drive System Control failure - please drive moderately'. I could drive the car ok and the next morning the fault had gone. Apparently this is an indication of low power steering fluid although when I checked, everything looked ok. Hasn't come up again since!

Many thanx

Reply to
paul mcmillen