rear end sagging (92 735i)

I ahve a 92 735 -- the rear end is sagging. I've heard conflicting reports that A) new springs and B) it's normal for indy-rear end cars to that.

Any way to tell? the car has 163K miles on it.

Thanks

-josh

Reply to
Josh Assing

replace springs and possibly shocks, springs could be broken as well. with that many miles, shocks are likely finished as well

Reply to
330Xi

Good chance that car has self levelling rear suspension and that one of the hydraulic pipes has rusted through.

Reply to
John Burns

I do not believe mine came with that. I'll look; but when we had it on the rack nothing looked out of the ordinary (for me) so...

Is there a quick way to determ>Good chance that car has self levelling rear suspension and that one of

Reply to
Josh Assing

shocks are fresh -- just the sagging has finally gotten to me.

tx

-j

Reply to
Josh Assing