Removing door mirror rear cover.

UK '94 E34 SE. I want to repaint the n/s door mirror cover. Paintwork is looking very tatty. I suspect it's been replaced in the past sometime. Bentleys is no help, as it only shows the earlier mirror. I believe the mirror glass etc can be removed on it's own, which I assume will allow me to release the back cover. How do I remove the glass? On the earlier mirror it's relesed through a hole underneath. The later mirror has no such hole. TIA. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I *think* the glass just clips on to the pivot assembly - but can be pretty stiff to remove. Running it hard to one end may reveal one clip.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cheers. Another job for tomorrow. Especially if it's a hot day, knowing how brittle Nylon can be when cold.. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G