Replacement parts inferior???

Just had new CATS installed on my 2000 E39 M5.Now, when I park and exit, I hear the sound of a rhythmatic drip or tap coming from under the car.,p>I think it's the metal expanding or contracting. It never happened prior to the replacement.

Reply to
David Hageman

"David Hageman" wrote

I wouldn't worry about it. Even new cars can have expansion/contraction noises. It might become less after more heat cycles.

Floyd

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Thanks.

It is a sound I remember when I was driving old American cars years gone bye. It was always a portent of bad news since there weren't CATS back then.

David H.

Reply to
David Hageman

You're right, it's the cooling exhaust parts making the moises. Happens all the time on my E34 540i.

Reply to
Malt_Hound