Run Flat Tires

Currently have a 545 6 speed with Run Flat Tires. Is it possible to replace these with non-Run Flats or does the rim have a unique design that will only accept RFT?

Car has 26k and need to purchase my second set of replacement tires, any recommendations? OE was Dunlop DSST Sport 01 RSC.

Reply to
Richard N. Paddock

how miles do you currently have on your RFT's?

just curious. I have an 06 330i with RFT Potenza's.

Reply to
daddy

No problem mounting conventional tires as long as the installer has the proper equipment. Many Z4 owners have commented favorably on the (non-run flat) Goodyear F1 GS-D3 as a replacement for the OEM Bridgestone 050 run-flats. (You might want to carry a plug kit & compressor if your car doesn't have a spare.)

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

Second set of replacements? You're only getting 13k miles per set of tires?

RCE

Reply to
RCE

My 2003 Z4 has a bit over 29,000 on the OE Bridgestone 050A tires with about

3.5~4/32" tread depth remaining, so they will soon be replaced. They were rotated once (front to back) at 16,000 miles.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

I'm one of those Z4 owners - I swapped my 16" RFTs for 18" Goodyear F1 GS-D3s. The way it works is that you can fit conventional tires to RFT wheels, but you can't fit RFTs to wheels not made for RFTs. According to the tire shop that did my car, that applies to all cars, not just the Z4. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown