Sold my vette. Need help as to a good sports or luxure car under $20k

Wha is a good clasy or sport car under 20k?

Reply to
Car Guy

Tom Scales

For a guy that loves his cars, I thought his question was kinda stupid.

I think of myself as a car lover, and I would not dream of asking what a good car is. I know how to find a car under 20k, and I know what I think is good.

AND, he posted this message on several different newsgroups. The only RIGHT answer is a BMW, my preference in his price range would be something like an '02 3 Series, give or take a year or two.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

There aren't any - all the good ones are for people who are literate. And they cost more than your budget allows.

Reply to
admin

I don't know............. There are a few Fiat sporty cars like the X19 (most have rusted away) Then there are the Korean KIA sports car (Ho Ho Ho) then there are a few psudo-sports cars like the 3 series 320 convert' or even the FORD GT but then he might have to take a driving test!

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

I suspect it was more of a spam post than a serious question.

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

How about a '97~00 Z3? (The OP couldn't have meant new!)

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

That's why I suggested the pseudo Ferrari Fiat X19 (Fiat own Ferrari)

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

Having owned a couple of 124 Spiders, I'll stick with the Z3 recommendation!!

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

Tom - I was being facetious (joke)

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

All 75HP of it. A buddy of mine used to have one of these. He was dusted-off by semis and motor-homes.

Reply to
dizzy

...but you could make your girlfriend throw up going around the corners.

Reply to
joe_tide

True...

It wasn't the most reliable vehicle ever made, though. We'll never forget, the night he test-drove it and we were discussing whether he should buy it (used). We were wondering how reliable a Fiat would be, and I said "Well, how bad could it be?"

Pretty bad, it turns out. 8)

So, to this day many years later, between us the phrase "how bad could it be" is an inside joke meaning that it could in fact be pretty bad.

Reply to
dizzy

Just got a 2000 BMW 323ci Convertible for $18000.00 with 65000 miles on it. Its in great condition. I have had it for just a couple of months so far and I think its great.

Reply to
deb454

Did you sell your gold chains with the car?

Why spend $20k? You should be able to pick up a '98 Caddy for under $8k.

Thanks for the links after your sign-off, the equivalent of walking around downtown Warsaw wearing a sandwich board.

Reply to
myhands

About what are you talking? Have you ever been to Warsaw?

Don't you normally post items on women's anatomy?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling