Help, stuck control arm

I got a 97 Saturn. I am replacing the lower control arms/ball joints. The problem is the right side arm is stuck to the frame. The bolt is rusted to the metal sleeve inside the rubber at the end of the arm so it just keeps turning and won't come out. Does anyone have any ideas to get this thing off? Please any ideas would be welcome. Thanks, Bob

Reply to
D & B

user

i had the same problem, first i cut the control arm off a couple of inches away from the cradle,with a cutoff wheel. Then with a sawzall i cut the cradle bolt off on the inside of the cradle on right side, and then i cut the other side off on the outside and pryed the control arm out. i hope thats clear it only took an hour goodluck

Reply to
bothrops