UK 320: Aircon blows cold all the time

I believe the aircon on my UK 3 series is not working properl but I want to check before going to the dealer:

What happens is that cold air is permanently blown out of the top vents and you cannot change this operation except to stop the blower. But the bottom vents seem to blowing temperature as requested by the controls

Has anyone heard of this before and how to fix it?

thanks

Reply to
Robin Smith

Adjust the vents from blue to red?

Reply to
adder1969

My '96 328i does the same thing - and changing the vents from blue to red doesn't seem to make a difference. Almost seems that the top vent is only blowing outside air.

-Karl

Karl Winkler