Used Z3 parts?

Hi-school buddy in New Orleans bought a '96 Z3 some months ago (his first BMW). Recently in an accident, front end tore up pretty badly, hood jack-knifed.

Any idea where to get used parts reasonably priced (i.e. hood)?

Thx, P

Puddin' Man

The junk yard.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Seriously, the junk yard.

You may need to call ahead to see if the one near you gets BMWs because (in my area at least) the yards tend to specialize -- Domestic Big Three, Japanese, European, etc.

When a car is totalled by the insurance company, it goes to an auction. The bidders (junk yards, generally) bid by country of origin. The yards that take BMWs would speicalize in them. They may take Audis and Vovlos too, but would tend to not take Hondas and Toyotas or Fords and Chevys.

This is not a hard and fast rule but it deserves consideration, and a phone call to see where the yard is that has the parts you want.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Try

they ship all over the county andspecialize in BMW.

Good Luck

Reply to
RJD

I figgered there would be at least one national yard with BMW specialty.

Thanks, P

Puddin' Man

try ABC used auto parts in Leominster , Ma. . D.

Reply to
D.