will OBC II or III for e36 post the time ?

when a diagnostic machine is used ?

dont know which one i have its a 1998 thanks

Reply to
news

OBC is the On Board Computer, this is the system that displays the fuel consumption rate, average speed, time to destination, and others. It also displays the time or the calendar depending on which of these you choose. The OBC is also the display where you are warned of burnt out lamps and worn brake pads. (I may be wrong on the pads, I've never worn mine out far enough to see the display.)

The diagnostic system is OBD II, On Board Diagnostics, Level 2. The diagnostics and the OBC are not interrelated, the diagnostics does not display the time.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

yes i meant OBD thanks for the clarification and the answer

Reply to
news

I thought so.

Your car is OBD II. What makes you ask your original question?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

low brake fluid and i think someone removed it

Reply to
news RR

???

Reply to