Hi I've got a 1994 320i Coupe and it's Inspection II time.
I dont do any real work on the car myself so here's my plan for a cheap
Inspection II substitute. Have I missed anyting major?
She sounds rough at the moment after 2000miles this month so I guess the
oil change is top priority.
Note the Air Filter and Blower was recently changed.
1. £50(inc oil) oil change and reset from backstreet Mechanic using my own
oil. (Castrol GTX)
2. £20??? Change Sparks myself. - wash hands :)
3. £?? Change Pads at nearest brake shop - Do Kwik-Spit do decent Pads for
Bimmer or should I avoid?
4. Axle oil change - Probably at same backstreet Mechanic.
5. Fuel Filter - as above.
6. Check bulbs & wipers
7. Check Tyres and replace at local tyre place as necessary (Grays in
8. £00 Lithium Grease(from my cycling days) on door/boot hinges. Wash hands
9. £40 book early MOT for other checks. (MOT is UK road safety check)
(KwikFit doing 30% off but I'd rather a real garage. KF will be working
hard to get back their 30%)
I havent got all prices do decide whether this is the best route yet. I may
start doing more stuff in her in the Summer :)
I used www.540i6.com/inspectionchecklist.html as a guide.