Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

UK 320: Aircon blows cold all the time
I believe the aircon on my UK 3 series is not working properl but I want to check before going to the dealer: What happens is that cold air is permanently blown out of the top vents and you cannot...
2

wheels, tires and suspension suggestions
Hi All, I have a '96 328i, 102,000 miles, with stock suspension and 15" wheels. This is my daily driver, 70 miles/day mostly highway in the NY-NJ area. I have dedicated snow tires for winter use. Any...
4

WTD: late model BMW in need of engine work
Just wondering - if someone has a later model BMW which maybe has a broken timing belt or something major with the engine, and they're interested in selling, please email me at:...
6

Re: Are 97 528's reliable?
I don't know about your 5 Series, but I have a 3 Series with the same motor, and it has been almost completely trouble free in over 100,000 miles (California). I bought my car with about the same...
2

alt.autos.bmw is online at www.ugroups.com
This is a monthly reminder that via the web you can easily access without a newsreader at This message from is intended for those who might be interestedin free web based access to the newsgroups....
1
1

Re: United Kingdom e90 /Bluetooth question
Not sure about the list but I can answer your second question - Yes you do need voice control for the phone to dial names in your address book via your voice. With regards to a) - you are best to...

The car seats are hurting me !
I am a proud owner of a new BMW 525i. Its an excellent car in every sense and nearly everything are perfect...EXCEPT the seating. Whenever I sit in the driver's seat, I get a terrible backache. Its...

Re: Late model Z-3
That's a sweet Helrot Red roadster, Fred. Unbelievable mileage. I saw one like yours whiz past my house last weekend, the driver enjoying a rare sunny, warm March day with the top down, the boot...

Re: Late model Z-3
I'm envious. The Audi TT has always been on my short list of sweet cars to own. I looked at 'em last summer; but the cheapest used one I found was $8000 more than I paid for my 2000 Z3 roadster! Those...

Re: Late model Z-3
Hey Fritz, I did the same thing: Test drove a Miata, loved it, but realized it was just too cramped for my large-sized frame. Then I test drove a Z3, and forgot all about the Miata! I found a...

Re: 633/635csi info wanted
Agreed. Beautiful car, but not low maintenance. Check under front fender and in rear fenderwells for rust or rust repairs. Test drive at high speed on the highway and check for leaking main seal. Let...

Re: Braking in New Handbrake shoes and Disks
The only rule we have is that the vehicle can't roll backwards. I can start on a hill without rolling backwards and without using the parking brake as a hill holder. Did I say one word about heel &...
3
3

1990 BMW 525i Nose Panel R&R
I am trying to get to my headlights to replace them and can't get the nose panel off to get the grills off to get the lights out. I figured this is the correct disassembly procedure but possibly not....

15 Inch Spare tire?
I'm a proud new owner ( 97 528 ) with a lot of questions- The wheels on my car are 16 inch because the tire size is 225/55/R16. The spare that came in the trunk is BMW wheel, but it's a different...
4
4

Re: Refreshed 7
BMW also doesn't understand ergonomics, or might it be better to say they don't care as much about ergonomics as other makes. It's kind of like (not wanting to start a war here) when Europeans...
14
14