'99 STS will not run - HELP!

Hi,

I own a 99 STS and live in the UK, a few days ago the engine stopped while I was cruising along and I had to be towed home - it continues to refuse to start. There doesn't seem to be a spark at the plugs - there are no error codes (read from the car's instrument panel) other than the one indicating that the car has stalled (!). I have checked all the fuses that seem to be connected with the ignition and they're fine. Can anyone suggest where I should look next, please. I'm hoping to find someone in England who's familiar with Cadillacs but there aren't many.

Regards

Howard C. Taylor (Chandler's Ford, England)

Reply to
Howard C. Taylor

I can't speak for the Cadillacs, but my Buick has a fuse link off the postive battery terminal. It would be a connection with a glass fuse in it. This fuse is power to the computer. No fuse, no computer. It's worth a try. Jeff

Reply to
Jeffry Franz

Post your question here also

D F Bonnett

Better check on getting a new battery. The battery may "seem" to be OK, but just not have enough to do the job. You should also check the altenator. Don't rely on the "check engine" lights on the dash, as they are basically meaninless. Let us know if this helps From a long time Cady owner, , (I'm on my 20th cad right now, a 1990 SDV with 20K miles)

DrPepper

Reply to
Dr Pepper

Thankyou for all your suggestions.

I didn't mention that the car has been converted to run on LPG (petrol is very expensive in the UK) and I eventually found a wire associated with this conversion that had worn through and shorted, blowing a fuse in the fusebox under the hood. Once I'd fixed this it all works fine again.

Regards

Howard

Howard C. Taylor wrote:

Reply to