Help with fualty GMC Jimmy dome light

I'm helping someone with a dome light that is out. Here is what I have found:

No voltage at the orange lead when any door is opened or when interior light switch is set to on. Orange lead shows no continuity with chassis ground indicating no short to ground. White lead shows continuity with chassis ground (proper ground).

I checked a couple fuses, but I don't have a manual available to show exactly what fuse could be out.

I hope to avoid having to buy a Hanes manual for a wire diagram just to fix this. Perhaps there is something at the library, but I'm hoping someone can help me if they have seen this before. John

Reply to
jriegle

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

Just a curious question. Do you have the "disable dome lamp" (or something like that) button pushed in?

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

I'll check tomorrow. It is't my vehicle so I was not aware of this switch. I kind of doubt it though as the owner told me it used to flicker before it went totally dead. John

Reply to
jriegle

jriegle wrote in alt.autos.gm

Dome lights are usually controlled by a switch located either in the dome light itself, or around the dash lamp dimmer switch.

Reply to
Dick C

Mine has a disable switch located just under the light switch.

Reply to
Tim or Linda