which caddys had air suspension?

This question is a little off topic, but I figured you guys could help me out. I'm needing to know what models and years of Cadillac cars had the air suspension, so I know what ones to ask about at junk yards. I'm wanting to rob the air compressor unit to put in my 1 ton Ram for an air supply. :-) From what I've read, all of these compressors were driven by a 12V motor. Can anyone help?

Reply to
Jeremy Cusick

I had a '84 Seville, a '93 Sixty Special and now a 01 Deville DHS and they all have the electric air pump. The motor/pump was/is one unit.

Reply to
Don Schmidt

Thanks for your reply! :-) How are these air compressors from a reliability standpoint? I'm looking for cheap, but reliable.

Reply to
Jeremy Cusick

I bought the three Cadillacs new, the '84, bought in '85 and turned it in on the '93 and that one I turned it in on the '01. Never had a failure with any of them. But one thing to remember is that don't run continually. Upon starting the car they may run for 20 seconds and will run if you add weight in the back seat or trunk. All I can say is try one and see what kind of service life it provides.

Reply to
Don Schmidt

Don, Thank you for your help. I think I'll give it a go!

Reply to
Jeremy Cusick

Reply to
Roy G. Bragg