I need an air compressor. Which should I get?

I just need a reliable low cost air compressor to inflate auto tires. I was thinking of Walmart or Home Depot. Which should I get? What do you use? TIA!

Reply to
Jim347a

You generally start coming up with more uses for the compressor as time goes by, and eventually start wanting more power and regretting you didn't get something bigger. So stay away from the smallest ones. I would think a budget of $300 or so would be what you could be pleased with for most basic needs, even most air tools excluding air hogs like sanders or sand blasters, grinders and such.

Upright models take up less floor space, and units on wheels can be moved around with ease.

Something like this might fit the bill:

The somewhat large tank means more waiting time to allow it to fill up. If you need more instant air, then get a smaller tank. It will then run out of air faster, and you have to wait for the compressor to catch up before you can continue using your air tool.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

KWW