Ride height of a 69 z 28 question...

Can someone tell me the correct height of the front end of a 69 z 28. I know that the z cars are lower than stock camaros. The car I am rebuilding looks like it is going uphill all the time.

Also what size tires and rims came on the z cars?

Thanks

Reply to
WPCDan

Yes, that is correct. It should look that way if you are playing the matching numbers game. Wheels were 14 x 7 or 15 x 7, my books are in storage at the moment. can't remember the tires but F70-14 comes to mind.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

Z28's came with the "big car" disk brakes, so they needed a 15" wheel to clear the rotors. They were 15 x 7 with a F70 -15 tire. - Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Yes, I can tell you the correct height. On the west coast it's as low as possible. On the east coast it's high and mighty. The factory height is somewhere in between. Being from the east coast, I prefer the west coast profile, with a forward rake. Your "uphill driver" is way wrong. Your easiest fix might be new rear leaf springs, an easy swap. (I won't even say the words "air shocks". Those are for young, dumb teenagers.)

Reply to
F Fletch