69 camaro help value selling

I am selling my 1969 camaro. It was owed before me by a neighbor who took out the 327 and 400 turbo. He replaced it with a stock 350 and 350 turbo. I am wanting to sell it with either of the engines or either of the transmissions. It is a coupe but painted to look like the Z28. The body is clean but in a need of a paint job. This camaro came from Utah and has no major rust. It only has a few small dime size surface rusts spots. It does have a dent in the ft. finder. I have bought a new one but have not installed it. I have a friend that is interested in buying it but wants to know what I want for it. I have no idea what a fair price is. This car has been siting for 2 years and needs a tune up and all the normal things to get it running. I have checked out

but I am not if the value they gave is a true value. It is located in Delaware, close to maryland, and Pennsylvania. Thanks for anyone help.

Reply to
Bralos

Putting a value on something like an old car is hard for me. And to add to the problem is the fact that you want to sell it to a friend. The first thing you have to ask yourself is "What is the car worth to you?". The next thing is "How much of a friend is he?". That would determine how much money you want to make off of him. The car will be worth more money if you sell it with the original motor and transmission. The more original the car, the more it is worth. A couple ways you can get an idea what your car is selling for is to check e-bay. That is usually a good place to start for the current market. Next you can pick up an issue of "Old Car Trader" in a WAWA or Royal Farms and look though it to find what they are listing for. Look for a car that is close to the condition that your car is in, that way you will get a good idea on price. Just make sure you really want to sell the car. Although there are alot of old Camaros out there, most of the time once you get rid of something like that, it sometimes becomes hard to replace them.

Good Luck, Pace Car Kid

Reply to
pacecarkid