94' V6 Cooling Fan ?

After changing out a leaking water pump I noticed that my cooling fan down at the radiator did not come on for some time even when the temperature got to around 200* F (It did not get higher than this even after taking the car for a spin for about 15 minutes). 200* is an estimate off of the dashboard gauge.

I jumpered the fan to the battery and the motor engaged immediately. I also checked the relay in the fuse box and it checked fine (Haynes manual says there are three but I only have one and there are no other connectors in the block). I did not check is the temperature sensor (aka thermistor) nor did I run an OBD I scan.

Can anyone explain to me the operating parameters of the cooling fan and can anyone give me any thoughts as to my problem or lack of one?

Thank you,

CD

Reply to
CD

To the best of my knowledge, your cooling fan will come on around 220 degrees or if the A/C is turned on.

Jay

Reply to
Jason J.C. Enclade