Bad Experience Unlimited Products

I had one of the worst experiences with Unlimted Products and would recommend you hesitate dealing with them.

They were great to deal with when ordering but processed my Visa immediatly and did not carry stock.

The took about a month to make/ship a Fiberglass nose for my 73 Camaro RS. The piece was garbage, warped beyond repair 1.5 inches out in the inside tip to tip. My bodyman suspects they took it out of the mold too fast. The exterior was rough and would have to be grinded to fit even if the nose was not warped. The spacers did not fit the screws. Mounting tab holes were not predrilled. I called and they started to jerk me around and not offer a replacement option with letters having to be sent prior to getting an RMA and 90 days as I if need a refund. They expected me to pay shipping both ways for defective product. All I wanted was a second nose shipped and I was very pleasant and non-confrontational. I will be shipping back with a refund request and a very negative letter.

I the called Green Wood Chevy and they are starting to carry a repro Urathane Nose for $357 but could not accomodate my time frame. They were awesome to deal with and nicely suggest I try a few other sources first. I found they were one of the best for authorized replacment GM emblems.

I then called Year One who was a little more pricy $407 but they had 3 Urathane reproduction noses in stock which I will have in 2 days. Very good service which I was satisfied with.

Michael Lenardon Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada

Reply to
Michael Lenardon

when YOU order it ,you pay shipping,, dont want it and return it, you pay shipping.

when you buy that chinese garbage at walmart do they bring the store to you? no you GO THERE, thats you paying shipping,, when that garbage from wal mart breaks as most all the shit they sell does, you take it back THAT WAS YOU SHIPPING AGAIN,,,, walmart didnt bring the store to you to pick up their defective crap.

dont ever expect shipping refunds except when THEY SHIPPED the WRONG ITEM

Reply to
I'm Right

Stuff from Walmart is better quality. This was just plain old crap with a sugar coating from the order desk. Lots of smoke in terms of quality. At least Walmart won't try to make it difficult for you to return defective crap. Heck they will even give you your money back.

Reply to
Michael Lenardon

I think you missed the point. It's got nothing to do with quality of goods and everything to do with cost to transport the goods.

GLK9MM

I think the point is being missed. I have never had to pay for return shipping for a defective part or for something to be repaired. For my Dell, they sent me the replacement parts with a return label that I put the old parts in. For my sony pda, they sent me a mailer to send it in with and then sent it back after it was repaired. The first time I had to pay shipping to a location out of my area to send back a defective part would be the last time I would do business with that company. If I just don't like it, and send it back for a refund, fine, but I had better know the policy up front. I tend to deal with local businesses just because of that.

Reply to
Cy Welch

BINGO! Know the policy up front!

GLK9MM

if you get "free shipping" guess what, YOU ALREADY PAID FOR IT! It was built in to the price you already paid!

Reply to
I'm Right

There are two reasons you may get free shipping on defective parts. One is that they sell quality parts and they know that they will seldom have to eat it. The other is that they did as you say and charged it up front. My experience has been that quality manufacture's tend to pay the shipping on smaller items if there is a defect. Yes of course they will include it in the price, and probably do so even if they charge you shipping. It's all included in the cost of doing business.

Reply to
Cy Welch

BTW, your handle/fake email address just shows that you are a jerk who doesn't really know what he is talking about.

Reply to
Cy Welch