CAMARO 1994 LT1 5.7L

I HAVE A 1994 CAMARO 5.7 LT1, IT OVERHEATS CONSTANTLY, I HAVE REPLACE THE HEADS ON A PREVIOUS ENGINE TWICE. SO I DECIDE TO SWAP ENGINES WITH A 1995 CHEVY IMPALA 5.7L LT1 IT DID THE SAME THING AGAIN. DOES ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAL WHAT CAN IT BE. I HAVE CHECK THE INTERNET FOR TIPS AND I READ THAT, FOR ME TO TEST THE COMPUTER, CAN I REPLACE THE CHIP FROM 6 CYLINDER OR CAN DOES IT HAVE TO BE FROM A IMPALA 5.7L. I 'LL TAKE ANY TIPS AND SUGGESTION. THANK YOU.

Reply to
GDB

Well if you are always yelling, no wonder it gets a little hot under the collar.

Besides that, I'd check the radiator for blockages and damage. Also make sure the fan is working properly (ie thermo fans switch on at the right time if it has them). Also check the radiator pipes that they don't collapse when the engine revs (cutting off the water supply)

If you have tried 2 different engines, my guess would be the radiator. (assuming you didn't swap the water pump and thermostat between engines).

I doubt the ECU will be the problem and although i'm not familiar with that particular model, at a wild guess, a 6 cyl chip probably won't run a 350.

Reaper

Reply to
Reaper

thanks for fast reply REAPER. I HAVE REPLACE WATER PUMP AND NEW RADIATOR. BUT FOR SOME REASON I OPEN THE RADIATOR CAP AND THE WATER JUST GOES UP AND DOWN I DON'T SEE THE WATER CIRCULATE. ANY HINTS ON THAT PART. YOU THINK THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

Reply to
GDB

STOP YELLING!

Like I said, make sure the hoses are in good shape and don't collapse when the engine is reved. (It might look fine when the motor is idling but they suck right in at 3000+ rpm).

Reaper

Reply to
Reaper

Water circulation in the radiator will not be apparent when you remove the cap because LT1's have a reverse flow cooling system. Also because of the reverse flow, it is very important to bleed the air from the system. One of the air bleeds is located on the thermostat housing on the water pump. The other is on the heater hose visible near the thermostat housing.

It does sound as though it may be a radiator problem though.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT