Exhaust Recommendations

Hey group:

Have a '99 Z29 Convertible, bone stock. Would like to add a bit more throaty sound to it, a little louded than stock. Don't want it too loud since it is a convertible.

Any recommendations?

Thanks! gjt

Reply to
gjt

Most obvious of all: If you're gonna custom the exhaust, go stainless. Partly because it'll look better, partly because it'll last longer, partly because the material change does make a small difference in output timbre, and partly because if you're gonna kick bucks out for custom-bent, you're NOT going to want to do it again!

I've heard that there's aftermarket double-hump tranny mounts that are specifically designed for a PROPER Dual exhaust setup, so I'd definitely check into that, as proper duals will DEFINITELY give you that low-toned "grumblin' at the stoplight" that makes it sound like a motor. ;)

Best bet to check before you do ANYTHING:

Remember...when asking for advice, EVERYONE will he something different to suggest...and they're not always thinking the same thing that you are! (i.e.: folks can't read these days...or won't...)

Reply to
ElectroPigT

i would suggest a glasspack, usually not too loud and some are tuneable.

Reply to
smokinfords