how to make my car shake at idle

Hey that's a thought, if I could get my wife to get interested in muscle cars, life would be so different... I do know that some women do like 'em, I had a girlfriend who loved the 68 Camaro I had at the time, in fact I SOLD it to her...too bad I let her go...

Terry

Reply to
Terry

You mean the car of course....right?

GLK9MM

Ah, yeah, she was a real nice Camaro.....

">

Reply to
Terry

Get a lump, lump, lumpier cam and solid motor mounts. Works for me. A fresh engine rebuild is recommended even though the cam change will do the job.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

Terry Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Is she 4'9" like mine?

If so, don't piss her off. It'll be very ugly for you if you do...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

Yeah, pretty close to 4ft9, maybe 4ft 10. I have a secret theory that being short all her life makes her defensive and especially suspicious of taller people (nearly everyone)...could be a good quality when a woman is young, but when they get older you're right it all turns ugly...just a theory-- Terry

Reply to
Terry

I have just gotten my g/f interested in the sports car/muscle car thing...... we bought the Firebird together (almost 50/50) lol.. and we've been putting together Charger, and Trans Am models the last few days... I have even been testing what years and generations cars are that we see. Whats funny is she usually starts off " Well that kinda looks like Dennis' car, but is different" Lol... Its really exciting. So hopefully we get enough time this summer to rip the Firebird apart and see what the 8 previous owners have done to the poor thing.... You will probably be seeing a lot of questions then. Wish us luck!

Reply to
KITT

LMAO

Reply to
bob shiply

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:39:30 GMT, "Terry" puked:

When mine needs a break from the rugrats, I tell her to drop the top and go take a drive. It works every time...

lab~rat

So you want a car that's as loud as you can get it, and shakes like a son-of-a-gun. I suppose you can get the desired effect by removing the muffler and some of the spark plugs . . .

I'm getting the impression that you want your car to resemble a race car, without actually being a race car. I hate to break the news to you, but an

81 Camaro is no race car. About the best Camaro to come anywhere near that category was the 69 Z-28. It indeed had a cam that was a little too hot for the street, and it lugged and thumped as you waited for the light to change. But bear in mind that the only reason the car idles rough is because the cam is made with emphasis toward acceleration and higher RPM's, and idling suffers because of it. The reason for noise has to do with the elimination of back pressure -- okay for the race track but not good on the highway, and illegal.

If you really want to impress someone with your car's engine, I suggest you find another engine. Possibly yours can be rebuilt with hotter cam and such, but I strongly recommend a professional do it. The engine's original design was to give you something to pull the car, while keeping inside all those government restrictions for pollution and fuel economy. This involved much more than a shorter stroke and covers on the carb screws. My personal opinion is to leave your car as is, and find a 60's car to tinker with.

During the day I drive a nice cushy Cadillac; Saturday night I pull out my cruiser -- a 64 Thunderbird with a rebuilt engine and a new cam . . . wish it would idle smoother . . .

-- Gary E. Tayman/Tayman Electrical Sound Solutions For Classic Cars

Gary E. Tayman

have someone stand by the rear fender and pull up and down on the wheel well really fast

elimination

Reply to
bob shiply