I have a camaro convertible with a 383, 4 wheel discs $10grand

I have a 1989 camaro convertible IROC with a 383, and ported lingenfelter intake, 17x9 ZR-1 Corvette wheels, SS rear end from a '96 SS camaro, aubrun posi with

3.42 gears, borla exhaust good tires, rebuilt transmission with kevlar clutches. All new energy suspension bushings including motor mounts so it rides stiffer than stock. Also have sphoon subframe connectors that have not yet been put on, and are made especially for the convertible. Powerstop drilled rotors. KYB struts,

Engine: 350 bored .030, decked .010 clearanced for a SCAT 5140 steel crank, Sir 5140 Eagle connecting rods with ARP rod bolts, SFI approved 400 balancer, SRP forged aluminium pistons, with teflon coated skirts, most parts were honed and polished by hand. A comp cam dual pattern roller cam was installed that is very streetable (could probably take 2 sizes higher and remain streetable due to the aluminum engine parts). The engine gets remakably good gas mileage for a V8. The engine also has a melling high volume oil pump, and B&M oil cooler. The heads are L98 aluminum corvette heads that are ported to match the Lingenfelter intake. Of course new valves, keepers and springs were installed. Crane 1.6 gold race roller rockers top of the heads with comp cams, HD guide plates, and hardened pushrods.

INTAKE: Lingenfelter SuperRam- extensively ported and polished to match heads, gaskets, BBK 58mm throttle body

IGNITION: - MSD6AL with 8.8 ACCEL WIRES with soft touch rev limiter.

EXHAUST: SLP stainless steel headders with 13/4 primary tubes, smog legal, passed PA emmisions as well as VA inspection. Currently has VA inspection. BORAL cat back exhaust.

AC- 134a converted, blows cold

Known problems: small stitching wear on convertibvle top, at the base, not affecting the top, only cosmetic. Tach reads higher than acutal engine speed- most likely due to the newer model year tach/speedometer cluster.

Car runs strong, and has no leaks. Can be a daily driver.

Engine is worth what I am asking for the entire car. $10,000

It is in Richmond Virginia. I would be willing to trade for newer 4x4 or BMW. Reason for selling: I am too old for this type of car. I bought it because I always wanted this type of car, and could only afford it when i got too old to enjoy it.

Call me at 804-641-6286 if enterested.

Reply to
Five

Sounds like a great car. I don't know about being too old for it, hell, I'm 45 and I still drive a red '68 Camaro down to the grocery store!! (of course I get looks from people, I know they are thinking 'who let their dad driver their car??') lol!

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Well maybe I don't mean too old. What I mean is, with the poly bushings, the low ride height (even thought it is stock), and my gaining 40 pounds more than when i was in high school, The car is just not practical for ME. I don't drive fast anymore, i don't race, I don't do most of what I did as a kid.

My daily driver is a (POS) toyota corolla, that I hate, it just gets 40mpg. I drive 200 miles a day, and it is basic tranportation. I use my 4x4 chevy truck, for picking up stuff from Lowes, or weekend driving.

The Camaro might get 100 miles a year driving on mild summer days, with the top down. I like it, but think I could better use a soft riding caddy, lexus or BMW.

If your an enthusiast of Camaros, this car definately is something where 95% of what you might want to do, has been done.

Actually a '68 camaro might be an easier car to just cruise in. Mine seems to be too low (stock height) to make me want to get in and out of it. Perhaps I just need to go on a diet ;-0

Reply to
Five

Five spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

My suggestion is to diet and keep it. You'll be kicking yourself down the road for letting it get away...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

I second that motion. Of all the muscles cars I've sold along the way over the years, I've regretted selling every one, it still wakes me up at night....

But yes, this '68 Camaro is really easy to cruise around in. Expandable lap seat belt is nice for an expanding waist too! I was just talking about older folks driving muscle cars today, we hang out (when it is warm enough out) at Porky's drive-in in downtown St Paul MN, most of the hot rodders there have grey hair, I guess it's just the way it is nowadays, what

18 year old can afford one of these cars, insurance, maintenance, etc??

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Terry spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

I agree. Here there are cruise-ins every summer, at a lot of places. A good number of cars there only get driven to them and car shows. I would be suprised if these classics get more than 250 to 300 miles a year put on them, too...but it's up to the OP...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

Porky's in St Paul is mainly a hangout for lower-budget hot rodders or wannabes, yes there are some who bring perfect cars there, but most are cars in various stages of being restored. It really amazes me to see how many younger kids are into it, maybe they have a Monte Carlo, primered, with a big block stuffed into it...you got to love it! And the teenage girls just hang around them, some things never change....

Really, one of the main reasons I got back into old cars was (besides the memories of everything I got into in my old Camaro or GTO or even....do I dare say it...Gremlin!) because it crosses all generation gaps--

When you go to those cruise-ins, you see everything from 15-year-olds who want to know if your car's 'for sale', to the grey hairs. I remember last summer during the Car Craft nationals in St Paul, early in the evening on the cruise route we were parked along the side of the street, next to us was an older man, must have been 70, with his early '60s Impala, completely stock. He just stood outside his car, overalls on, we saw him late at night, still standing by his car, all by himself, obviously enjoying all the memories from the oldest cars...I also love the old-timers who sit along the side of the street, they can tell you exactly what kind of car is coming along while it is still a couple blocks away, without even looking down the street.

Shit, I have spring fever, and it's -10degrees this morning in Wisconsin!

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Thanks for the stories guys, maybe I will hold on to this camaro. I do love convertibles, and I guess it can only go up in value once the other non-irocs disappear.

Niko

Reply to
Five

NOW you 're talking! Keep the car, get a treadmill and a carton of "Grecian Formula", and you'll be fine!

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Screw Spring-Fever.. I've got Summer-fever!!!! I'm outside ripping out the driveshaft on the Chebbie to replace the rear leaking tranny seal! Its not even 10 here!!! GRR!!! I HATE Winter.... too bad here in WI, there are only 2 seasons... Winter.. .and Road construction.. and sometimes they run together...

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (151k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L w/5-Speed (No T-tops though) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops or parts from one
Reply to
KITTvsKARR