Ignition lock cylinder, in an 84

hey guys, im stuck in quite a predicament.. i have an 84 camaro, and ive only had it a few weeks, well i hadnt made a second set of keys yet.. and my dumbass roommate thinkin hes some kinda something lost his keys to his nova, so he took mine assuming all chevys are the same then when it wouldnt work he started scraping it on the ground, so much that it wont turn my lock cylinder over anymore, i had a new key made a couple times none of them work,

so its obvious i either need to get a new tumbler or get a key cut from scratch, the tumbler i can afford, but payin a smith to get the old one out is something i dont wanna do, is there an easy way to remove the old tumbler myself?

thanks a ton.. Brian

Reply to
Brian Hirt