Ignition key locked up in my 1997 Chevy S 10

The ignition key has locked up in my 1997 Chevy S 10 5 speed manual transmission. I tried turning the steering wheel back and forth,
jiggled the key and tried different keys with no luck. I cleaned the lock with alchol and naptha then lubed it lightly with graphite. Still no luck. So I decided the tumbler lock was bad and needed replaced. I bought a new lock and went to work disassembling the steering column. Once everything was disassembled and I could get to the releasing hole on top of the tumbler I realized I cannot replace the tumbler lock because I cannot turn the key to the start position to release it. Can anyone tell me how to proceed?

There should be a small screw to remove in the upper right quadrant under the turn signal switch, and then the lock assembly slide straight out, no set position needed to do it. The screw maybe a small torx style, or a small hex head I believe was 5.7 mm or maybe 7 mm. was smaller than 5/16th.
Whitelightning
Should be a T-10 torx. Wayne