New to group, need some help please

Hey Folks! My name is Marty. Living in Charlotte NC. Recently moved here from Ohio.Just picked up a 1981 Z28. Cars got plenty of gadgets(tilt, PW, PL,Cowel induction, rear window defrost). Not sure how many were standard for Z of that year. Everything is there(mostly), and it's fairly solid. Some minor body rust, but the sub-structure is solid and only one small spot of bondo. BUT,needs lots of help. It's been run hard and put away wet a LOT! My first question is: How to get the backrest part of the back seat out? The bottom parts came right out(I don't think they were really in all the way). Second question: I would like some recomendations on where to buy interior parts. Looks like I will need not just the stuff you see(seals, dash, armrests, sunvisors, etc), but lots of stuff you don't(Wiring, clips,switches,etc.). Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Marty Car-lot, NC

Reply to
Marty

After you take the bottoms out two bolts will become exposed (one on each side) remove these and then grasp the seat at the bottom and give it a good jerk straight up. Sometimes it helps to do one side at a time, use one hand to lift up and the other to push in on the seat at the very top. There are three hook shaped brackets that clamp a rod that runs accross the top of the seat.

The bottom parts came right out(I don't think they were really in

Go to the "Paddock"

I've purchased a new headliner, carpet, marker light bezels, pedal covers, door handles etc and verything has been top notch stuff. Some is reproduction and some is factory GM and some things you can take your choice. Make sure and send away for a printed catolog they have even more in there than they do online.

Reply to
Batman