Parking brake -1997 Camaro rear disk brakes

I have little to no engagement of the parking brake with full travel on the lever. The actuators back at the disk are traveling full travel (about an
inch and a quarter), but I am not getting any grip on the brakes - some slight movement on the calipers as it engages, but not enough to provide any grip. Anyone here have any ideas on how to fix it? Otherwise I am at the mercy of the dealer...
Thanks! Brian
Brian, my 1st guess would be that the parking brake cable has streatched, or been replaced with the wrong replacement. Also, if the pads are worn to much, could cause it. These are all just guesses.