Re: 92 Camaro...

Woo! I finally got my camaro.... heh, I'm a nineteen year old guy who wants a

> corvette, but doesn't have the money, so I bought a RS 25th anniversary edition > 305 camaro... its great... just thought I'd share my excitment... and when it > breaks down, I'll be posting.. lol > > Jason
Reply to
Jamie

Good for you. I'm a 48 year old guy who's been too busy working and doing the family thing for the last 25 or so years, and had no time to mess with cars during that time. Couple of months ago, with my tax refund check burning a hole in my pocket, I drove by a teal '92 RS with FS signs in the windows. 5 speed, guaranteed "no hole shot" 3.08's, and the famous, feared-by-all, earth-shaking L03. Originally a Georgia car, no rust, polishes up OK, crazed plastic T-tops (got replacement glass ones already at the boneyard----ahh, the forgotten joy of owning a car you can buy cheap parts for at the junkyard!!!), and what's alleged to be a Flowmaster exhaust with the cat replaced by a piece of pipe. Man, it's loud.

Poor me, I'd forgotten other joys too---I started the car in the garage two weeks ago, she went nuts "that damn car made the whole house shake"--I laughed out loud. Oil spots in the driveway---the look of that Edelbrock open element aircleaner---wrenching my back just getting in and out---my left leg sore from clutching a real American car. Laughing out loud again when I take her for a ride and wind that puppy with it's perfectly round cam lobes out to its power peak of

170 neutered stallions at 3800 rpm, and my perfect shift into 2nd gets-----nothing.

Keeping busy filling my head with advice and questions at "

", and making me want to make this 305 into a little animal. So many people said "don't waste your time---do a 350 crate motor---crate motor---like so many parrots---now I'm getting stubborn and I want to keep the little torquer.

This, my friends, is g> Woo! I finally got my camaro.... heh, I'm a nineteen year old guy who wants a

Reply to
Dean M