Re: Window Problem 92 Camaro

I have a 1992 Camaro RS with power windows. I encountered a problem today.

> The window went down and did not want to go back up. I finally got it up. > Now the window will still go down, however it will not go up. When the > window is all the way up and the switch is pressed to the up position I hear > a machine gun sound coming from the door. Any ideas???? > > > > Charles > 1992 Camaro RS > 25th Anniversary > >

No but when you figure it out let me know my passenger side window does the same thing but my driver side window works great.

Jamie

92 Camaro RS 25th Anniversary (too)
Reply to
Jamie

Sounds like you have some gears slipping underneath there somewhere. Sorry I cant help out all that much. I just bought a 91 Z28 and am soon to replace the power window motors. Iv had the door panel off for a while now trying to figure out how to get the project done.

Just thought it would give you a visual of what is underneath the panel:

ftp://68.1.231.79/camaro/IMG_0002.JPG

Reply to
PeptoP

My 92 RS had exactly the same problem last month. It's the gear on your motor. The one which intersects with the sector teeth on the regulator.

Good news is: Your motor itself is probably fine. Bad: The gear is part of the motor assembly.

Replace the motor assembly. Solved the problem for me.

Reply to
Dean M