Removing vats on a TPI to carb swap

Does anyone know if you can simply rip out the whole vats system and the ECM on a TPI to Carb swap? My Vats code is still unknown to me. I lost my keys, Chevorlet can not find the code from my VIN # the locksmith wants

300$ so after completing the swap can the whole system just be removed or will the car still not start?
Reply to
91Zconv

Here is a wiring diagram on how to bypass the VATS system.

are 15 possible values for the resistor. Here is a list of them.http://www.asttraining.com/Files/vats1.pdf Good luck! Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

To add to that, once you have the resistance you could have a new key made. You could also just replace the vats module, it likely would cost less the carb changeover and all and would still leave you emmisions legal.

Reply to
Cy Welch