How to get a key code, since nissan has now archived my Code?

Hi folks.....

I recently lost my car keys (kids probably mis-placed my keys) and normally I can call up the Nissan dealer and request for the key code for my 1996 Nissan Maxima, but today when I called tischer nissan/acura in Laurel, MD they said my code was non-existent due to Nissan archiving this year/month which is determined by my manufacturers date. Any help, any of you guys ever experience this.... I can post up the VIN## if that helps any suggestions would help, I am legit. All I need is the code so I can go to Nissan and have a key cut...and be on my way.

email: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Thanks. Val Thakore

Reply to
vntperformance

in my 92 the code was in the glove compartment on a sticker.

also the code was on a metal tag that came with the keys...

Reply to
gary

Directly in the glove box, or behind the glove box once the box is taken off?

vnt

Reply to
vntperformance

In the box, usually on one of the sides.

Reply to
Bill G